Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Decorating My Life and Home In Mixtiles...

Today I am sharing a bit about Mixtiles, which are these lovely photo tiles that I have been ordering for my home and as gifts since last May. I am absolutely thrilled with how these have turned out and usually I have printed images of people in my life, this was the first time I printed some of my morning tea photos...

I spent my Saturday night hanging up 12 new Mixtiles these are simply amazing. I started taking self care time after my mother passed away ten years ago. Getting up 30 mins earlier then my family, making myself a cup of tea, lighting a candle and taking down from the shelf, one of my tea cups and saucers to drink from. When I started this routine, it felt like a big production to go to for just myself but it has become the springboard of my day. I began photographing my morning tea sessions for myself to document that I could make this important time for myself. This morning tea time has sustained me and become such a huge part of who I am and how I express myself.

 I printed 12 recent morning memoment’s using the app for #Mixtiles and created a gallery I am proud to hang Mixtiles in my home. Memories of beauty, strength, creativity and art each reminding me of how beautiful I can choose to make my life and start my day. It is one thing to capture a moment with your camera it is an entirely different experience to hold it in your hands and hang it on your walls. 

I still cant believe how easy these were to put up, they also arrived very quickly! If you would like to order some for yourself, click here for the Mixtiles Website
If you want to follow my morning tea photos on Instagram you can find me at @teawithkaren .
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment