Friday, April 17, 2020

A Fractured Moment in Time with A Cup of Tea and a Slice of Pie...

Checking in to see how you are all doing. I am feeling quite a bit like my plate here. When I think about life right now, I feel split in three. Like this plate when it was whole, life was beautiful (okay super flawed but beautiful). Now, life feels to me fractured. Part of me still feels like me, the small part, then the other two parts represent the feelings I have of over reacting and under reacting in these unsettled times. I know I am better off than most, safe at home not stuck at home, yet I feel helpless like a drain on society because here I sit, unemployed, and feeling useless.
 I start doing what I usually do when I feel anxious, I putter. Ever since I was a small child, I putter, clean and just always finding something to occupy my hands. To keep busy, keep my mind active. As I was tidying up I found a card my friend Karen K sent me a few months ago. I stopped where I was and I cried, frustrated and sad but also extremely happy to find a much needed message from a friend. So I took a break from puttering, put the kettle on, cut a slice of pie, grabbed another pretty plate, and tray, and I went outside. Took a deep breath, read and reread the card, while sipping tea and enjoying the pie. The world kept on turning, it did not stop because I took a pause, so maybe the lesson here I learned is its okay to feel fractured, you can always get a new plate, you just have to be patient and wait for the store to open, and things to settle down. Put the kettle on, you are brave, you are strong and you are loved.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a moment of reflection in the most fractured of times.
I would love to hear from you and how coping, so email me hare at karenmowen@gmail.com or leave me a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment