Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Tea 101 With Monarch Tea Co.

On Monday evening I took a very fun course from Monarch Tea Co. This was a class I found on instagram and signed up for. The course fee which was very reasonable was $35 and it included the shipping of 6 teas which we brewed and talked about throughout the class.
Mine arrived just hours before the class and they were beautifully packaged. Teas included were Pai Mu Tan, a white tea, Huji Cha, a green tea, English Breakfast, a black tea, Ti Kuan Yin, an Oolong,  Pu'erh Tea, a fermented tea, as well as a Fruit Tisane which was called Mango Love, I did not have this one as I have a mango allergy.
I had a fun time with this, we steeped the tea and covered with the saucers and sipped and chatted about the teas we were enjoying.
I have a great love and passion for tea, working in a tea shop I furthered my knowledge of tea, and I was drawn to the class because it was taught by a Tea Sommelier. What I did not expect to get out of the class was a renewed sense of passion for tea and that our instructor  Katie shared her knowledge and passion in a very engaging way. I was also thrilled to find I learned quite a bit about tea that I did not know.

I am trying to make the most of my time being laid off, learning and trying new things. This class was a bright spot in my social distancing and self isolation. If you wanted to learn more about tea, consider taking a class from Monarch Tea. Thank you for joining me here today for a cup of tea and a look at a great online learning class. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment