Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Death Takes Priority by Jean Flowers

I finished Death Takes Priority by Jean Flowers last night. I read book two a little while back and loved it and I am so glad that my friend Karen encouraged me to read the first one. In Death Takes Priority, main character Cassie is the newly appointed Post Mistress of her cozy town, she is trying to settle back into routine and get used to being home again, becoming the town Post Mistress after returning to her sick Aunt's side. Now shortly after her Aunts passing Cassie has started to make a new life with new friends, old friends and acquaintances. One new acquaintance is not who he says he is but is he a murderer? 
I really enjoyed this book, I love getting mail, snail mail or email. As a child my favorite game was Payday because you got mail and you never knew what would be in your mail next, it was like Magic to me!  Jean captures that love and feeling I had and still have of getting mail perfectly but from the point of view of a very dedicated postal employee. I love the cover of this book!

In my life I have had two mail carriers who were long time carriers to my home, each I respected and enjoyed, even thought they had a really cool job. This past summer one of those mail carriers who had been my mail carrier for more then 10 years, moved to an indoor job with the post office and I have had replacement mail people ever since. It's just not the same. I miss knowing my mail carrier, but I hope in my new home the new mail carrier is just as amazing as my previous two have been. 
I hate to think that postal service door to door will be ending soon, it would be such a great community loss and the end of an era.

After caring for her dying aunt and being dumped by her fiancĂ©, Cassie Miller decides to return to her small hometown in the Berkshires to lick her wounds and live in the house where she was raised. Leaving behind her managerial position in the Boston main postal office, Cassie trades in her tailored suits and high heels for the comfortable blue shirt and red, white, and blue striped scarf of the Postmaster for North Ashcot, Massachusetts.Everything is business as usual until Cassie arrives at work one day to find that someone has broken into the post office building. The only items stolen: stacks of telephone books. Who steals phone books? Two days later, the body of an unidentified man is found in the woods. And when the handsome antiques dealer she just had lunch with is taken into custody, Cassie is suddenly drawn into the case. With a crime enveloped in mystery, she needs to track the killer—before another victim’s fate is sealed in the dead letter office…

To order your own copy of Death Takes Priority from Amazon please click here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment