Thursday, November 17, 2016

Bell, Book & Candlemas by Jennifer David Hesses

Bell, Book & Candlemas is the second book in the A Wiccan Wheel Mystery Series by Jennifer David Hesse. This book was sent to me to review and what a special treat for me this was. I had not read the first book Midsummer Night's Mischief, but now I really want too! No matter though I had no problems getting into the story and the characters in Bell, Book & Candlemas. This is a great cozy mystery for those of you who like me, who love a good witch mystery. This one I very much enjoyed because while it is a witch mystery it truly is a Wiccan Mystery.  What makes it intriguing to me is that while the main character Keli is Wiccan and considers herself a witch, it is not witch craft that solves the mystery, so this is not really a paranormal cozy, it is really a cozy about a main character who happens to practice the religion of Wicca. Don't question the coziness though this book has that for sure. It is well written and researched and I so enjoyed it. I learned as I enjoyed this book and felt like I wanted to move to Edindale and hang out with Keli, who is a very smart lawyer in addition to being a great armature sleuth. The cover is also truly wonderful and reflective of the story. I could so easily relate to Keli, and her struggle to balance her life, work and religion. How she felt compelled to compartmentalize each thing so that no one would be bias of her religious beliefs. There is an important message and theme in this cozy, about having the courage to be who you are and who you are meant to be. I believe this will be a series I will have to own entirely. I highly recommend it!


Be sure to check out Bell Book & Candlemas by Jennifer David Hesse on Amazon by clicking here.
Learn more about Jennifer David Hesse and the A Wiccan Wheel Mystery series by clicking here 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review! This was a joy to have on my table! I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. book look great, cannot wait to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Another awesome author to add to my TBR pile! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete