Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Cate Conte's Witch Hunt

I had the most wonderful last few days of reading. I was granted an ARC of Cate Conte's book Witch Hunt, a new paranormal cozy for a new paranormal series and I loved it.  I am not sure what I was expecting when I sat down to read it, I love a great paranormal cozy and this one had a great paranormal twist but it also had a great mystery. I was pleasantly surprised by the subtle magical twists, mysterious characters and the fact that the shop that the main character owns is a crystal shop. I loved the information in the book about the crystals and like that this was not your typical Witchy Cozy. This one has some fun characters, relationships I am looking forward to seeing pan out and a whole lot of glitter!
Murder isn’t always crystal-clear . . . especially when the prime suspect discovers she’s a witch. Violet Mooney owns The Full Moon crystal shop in quaint North Harbor, Connecticut. Still grieving her beloved grandmother’s recent unexpected death, she takes comfort in her fat orange cat Monty and her work. Not everyone in town is thrilled with her business, however. When disagreeable town councilwoman Carla Fernandez picks a fight over Violet’s "voodoo shop," the two have a very public confrontation. Of course, when Carla turns up dead, Violet gets little sympathy from the police as suspect #1. But the shock of two policemen showing up at her door pales in comparison to the sudden appearance of her estranged mother Fiona and a surprise sister, Zoe. What Fiona reveals will rock her world and her sense of self—and reawaken her long-dormant mysterious power. Good thing. She’s gonna need it . . . 

This book is out on June 30th and you can find it on Amazon.ca by clicking here. ( I am not an Amazon affiliate) 

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment