Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Custom Swap Barbie Kitchen Witch I created

I have really been having fun indulging my creative and inner child with a fun swap in a group I belong to on Facebook. I created for my partner a Kitchen Witch Barbie. Like me she remembers the love and fun of the Kitchen Witches that were popular in the 70's+ and I thought that since my partner also liked Barbie it would be fun to make her a Kitchen Witch Barbie.


I bought a pattern to make a cape, and it was easy and fun to sew, I ordered a Barbie that looked like my partner on Amazon.ca, bought some Barbie Shoes (the others will go in my nieces Advent Calendar) and set out to find and make play scale size kitchen witch items for the accessories. I made a broom with a chopstick and paper and strung a crystal chakra necklace with gemstone chips.
I included in the accessory tin, the saying that all kitchen witches come with and some tiny bottles filled with herbs (empty, I found them at the dollar store) and some Barbie utensils. I made a small star sign that says Kitchen Witch and included a teacup and saucer completing the tin. 
I had so much fun working on this for the last week and have mailed her to my partner, I cannot wait for her to receive and hopefully lover her like I did.
Thank you for indulging me today with a look at one of my swap preparations, I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: