Monday, August 10, 2015

A Visit To Barnes & Noble and A Proud Moment I Shared With My Son

Sunday morning I got up and went to the Barnes & Noble store near our hotel here in Boulder Colorado. For me going to Barnes & Noble is not an everyday thing. We do not have them in Canada. I had my 7 year old with me and I loved his reaction when I showed him Terrie Farley Moran's book and then showed him my recipe in the back of the book, his eyes bugged out of his head. Sure he has seen it at home but to show it to him in the store was really cool.
I loved their Mystery section and it was clear from the selection that Boulder Colorado must have some big cozy mystery readers. I feel very at home here and very much enjoyed this section. I loved feeling like I was surrounded by friends at every turn, Miranda James, Joyce and Jim Lavene, Amanda Cooper, Victoria Hamilton, Heather Webber/Blake, Lucy Arlington, Susan Furlong, and so many many more. We are off to South Dakota in the morning and not sure what we will find on our journey but If I find some mystery and fantastic tea I shall let you all know.
Thank you for joining me for A Cup of Tea and A Cozy Mystery. As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. My first and only Barnes and Noble experience was two years ago, in the Mall of America in Minnesota! I spent $100 on Cozy Mysteries! It could have been so much more though! I was able to donate the books to the library after I read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Barnes & Noble is a cornerstone to the big, center of town mall. Unfortunately, it slowly overshadowed some intimate and Mom&Pop book shops. I was guilty of complicity because I was mesmerized by the one-stop shopping for books, DVDs, CDs, stationary, and periodicals with great discounted prices, savoring a capaccino and blueberry scone, and during Christmas shopping, enjoying the decorations. Although with online sales rising, our B&N seems to have lost some of its excitement. kat8762@aol.com

    ReplyDelete