Saturday, September 2, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup August 26th-September 2nd


September is here weather I like it or not. Having spent most of August to ill to do much, I feel a tad cheated and here we are on the Roller Coaster that will take us into the Christmas holidays. For me the start of summer feels like that climb to the top of the free fall, and September first is when that decent begins and at the bottom of that hill is Christmas.  Maybe it is not that way to you but it does feel that way to me. I am trying to look on the positive side and I am feeling better, just still not myself.  This past week I was well enough to get up before dawn with my husband and he would take me to the beach where he walks every morning along the Seawalk and I sit on the beach breathing the salt air, sipping my tea and taking it all in. 
 If you follow me on social media you already know all this. I am very lucky to live so close to such beautiful and naturally peaceful settings in such turbulent times. 
I went three times this week and this was the first day, just catching the sun  as it rose above the Lions Gate Bridge. 
The view is beautiful even when you are not facing the bridge.  I have had so many things on my mind lately, the news, has not be great, my heart goes out to those who are dealing with the flooding in Asia and The USA, though you don't see much on the catastrophic floods in Asia unless you read international news. The stories of  those helping others is what I look for and while I know prayers are not enough, I wish there was some real way we could help anyone in such need. 

On to books, what a treat to be reading Jennifer David Hesse upcoming mystery this weekend. I am half way through and loving it.
I also finished Grave Mistake by Janice J. Richardson this week , my review of this one will be up later next week. This is a can't miss Canadian Cozy series!

Wednesday I read The Good Witches Guide to Wicked Ways, this is actually a really old book I got at a second hand store that I enjoy having on my shelf, great tips and written with humor.
I finished Pudding Up With Murder and have this review coming up shortly! Julia Buckley is a favorite author of mine and this is such a great series!

I remembered to post my review of Betty Hechtman, along with sharing the hats I made on my knitting retreat.
I shared my review of J.A. Hennrikus' A Christmas Peril earlier in the week as well, an exciting holiday cozy you need to watch for!
Coming up tomorrow I have the review of Allison Brook's Death Overdue.....love the cover don't you?

With Buy A Friend A Book Day I was delighted to receive at my door, The TEa Lovers Devotional!
As well via Email I was thrilled to receive Amanda M. Lee's Casual Hex, I wanted to thank you Lin and my Secret Elf for making it such a fun day for me! I hope you all had fun as well. I sent out some early to my partner in the Elf swap, hoping it arrives to them soon! I also sent out a few more to surprise a few unsuspecting friends. I love Buy A Friend A Book Day and can not wait for next years swap!

Thank you all for joining me here today for a cup of tea and cozy mystery week in review.  I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment