Saturday, September 9, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup September 2nd-9th


On my table this week I have had quite a lot. Not just books and tea, but calenders, school forms and homework. This week was back to school week one for us and the chaos has begun. In my blessed chaos I do realize and am thankful to for the small issues this has caused in my own world, I only have to turn on the news, or Facebook to see the devastation first hand, fires, floods, storms, earthquakes, accidents and threats of war world wide. I try so hard to focus on the good. Not always easy and something easy to forget. In times of chaos, there are always helpers, the good in people does shine through even in the darkest of times.
 It was a lovely surprise to have a copy of MK Graff's book Golden Hour arrive in my mailbox this week. I am looking forward to reading it.
I am reading this book so slowly not on purpose but due to the events and amount of work I have been doing this week, the last two days I am starting to feel more like myself, just still really tired.
So this one may take me a bit to get to the review.
I did read and enjoy Leigh Perry's The Skeleton Paints a Picture this week, it is a great book and series and this review will be up soon to share!
I got to review a new Witchcraft book this Wednesday that will be out in October and would make a great holiday gift too!
Dial Meow for Murder was on my table this week and a great read as well! I love an uncomplicated character in a complicated mystery!

What a treat to be able to read Yuletide Homicide, this one I will say I cheered at in the end. I love this series so much.
Monday morning before all the chaos, I did go to the beach with my husband while he walked I sat and sipped my tea it was a lovely sunrise and matched my teacup perfectly I tote my teacup and saucer, as well as my Murchie's Vanilla Black Tea in a thermos and sit with the birds, harbor seals, seagulls and Canadian Geese. As I get stronger I will hopefully be able to keep up with him as he walks. 
I ordered and got new glasses this week as well, I am so pleased with how comfortable they are and how well I feel I see in them.
We started our new Fall Series this week and I hope you got to check it out! Be sure to check in on Monday to see what Karen K and I have for you!

I hope you have enjoyed this quick look back at the week and what has been on my table and in my cup!  Thank you for joining me here for a cup of tea and a week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment