Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Witchy Wednesday Witches Tea Party Recap


This past Saturday I hosted my annual Witches Tea Party a few weeks later than normal. September is very busy for most and October is always very wet here so I try to do it in August. As I was sick this year for the month of August, I held it last Saturday in the lovely September Sun.


If you are new to my blog, I moved at Christmas last year and this Tea Party is one of the first events I have been able to have and enjoy in our much larger space. I am very lucky to have this home to rent and live in and it is perfect for enjoying a garden tea party.


I have some of the most amazing friends who support and indulge me with my fancy dress party and boy did we have a wonderful time with the food!


My youngest son, just finished all the Harry Potter Movies this year and was very much in the spirit to partake in this event, setting up a bobbing for apples, broom race and "Post Office" in the yard.

My wonderful and talented friends brought extra food and treats to share to add to my tea menu. I made two types of scones, sweets, and sandwiches as well as tomato soup using the harvest from the garden.


The cake my friend Banafshe made was perfect!

Miss Maisy my puppy niece even had her own hat!

My niece TB joined in the fun with her doll, a fun tea party for one and all!
Including friends from far and wide, and those who are no longer with us, year after year ...

For those who could not attend in person I am always thrilled to have them there in spirit!
As my nieces have grown out of this much loved and passed down Witches Costume, I used my Tomato cages to display the dress I just can't part with and made a holiday ribbon tree. The pumpkin says Happy Thanksgiving, because we are Canadian and for us Thanksgiving is in Early October! (The other side says Happy Halloween)
A huge thank you to all who come and support my tea party year after year and who join in the fun!
Thank you for joining me here today for a cup of tea and a look back at this years Witches Tea Party.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment