Thursday, November 2, 2017

Lynn Cahoon's Of Murder and Men



Would anyone like to join me for a writers' retreat? I am so excited to have been sent Of Murder and Men by Lynn Cahoon to read and review. I could not put it down. This is book three in the Cat Latimer Mystery series and there was so much going on in this book that while reading it I really felt part of the writers retreat and the mystery too. I loved the first chapter and how grumpy main character Cat came across. It was a great way to open the book and helped this character truly feel real. While running a writer's retreat, Cat who is supposed to be penning her next best selling book, is steal dealing with packing up her deceased ex husband's papers, home office and trying to figure out how he was murdered. Throw in the fact that she is struggling to deal with her best friend and business partners new relationship with someone she doesn't like and a freezing recently renovated attic writing space. I have to say Lynn  does a really great job of creating a very good plot and conflict!



Ever since her business partner, Shauna, fell for a wealthy landowner in town, Cat has been working double time to keep her writers’ retreat running. And with the January session almost underway, that spells trouble. As if scheduling mishaps aren’t disastrous enough, Shauna skips out on kitchen duties one morning, forcing Cat to serve unsuspecting guests store-bought muffins . . .But best laid plans really go awry when Shauna discovers her beau missing from their bed. When his body later turns up in the horse barn, they quickly find out the victim’s scandalous lifestyle left many dying for revenge. While balancing an eccentric group of aspiring writers and a suspect list for the record books, Cat soon finds herself on the heels of a killer—and authoring her most deadly conclusion yet . . .

Of Murder and Men is coming out November 28th  and you can find it on Amazon by clicking here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. It's on my "wish" list. I've read all of them in this series so far and loved them.

    ReplyDelete