Saturday, November 4, 2017

On My Table and in My Cup October 28th- November 4th



This week has been an eventful one, not the best to be sure but busy all the same. I have started reading Get Booked by Bridget M. Tighe this week,
Started Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) and have just made myself write every day so far, who knows never tried it so it may actually work!
Had Halloween, which we went to my in laws for. No kids up here we were told for trick or treating so we went to where we used to live instead. I missed handing out candy and seeing cute kids and costumes. Trick or Treating is hard work!
Above is my cat Squirrel, loving the warm sunlight on the front step.
Now our other Cat Mia, in nearly the same spot, just before her emergency surgery ...she somehow did horrific damage to her leg, knee cap, acl and ligaments of her leg, tough choice to make do the very expensive surgery or put an otherwise healthy two year old cat down. We chose the surgery. The recovery is likely to be a long one.
It was such a delight to read Lynn Cahoon's book this week and review it. I really love the idea of the writers retreat.
Sharon Pape writes a wonderful Fantasy Paranormal Cozy and this is a fun one! Loved reading That Olde White Magick!
The reluctant reader and I shared his love for the book Everything you need to know about Nightmares! And How To Defeat them. Great read and funny too!
I read Eaves of Destruction this week as well by Kate Carlisle and will share my review with you in a few days.
Sunday I reviewed of Spice and Men by author Sarah Fox. This is a great West Coast Series and we are having a release day party on Tuesday and you are invited!
Our pre party is on now so you can join in the fun now and on Tuesday, click here for the online event in Beyond The Bookmarks Facebook Event Discussion page.

Even though I have just started taking down the Halloween Decor and I have not yet pulled out the Christmas/Winter Holiday Decor I could not help but make a pot of Santa's Secret Tea a Davids Tea favorite this week. I also have had Mint Majesty by Teavana, Murchie's Vanila Black , Trader Joe's Early Grey and a camomile based tea.

Thank you for joining me here this week for a cup of tea and a week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment