Saturday, November 11, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup November 4-11th


First I wish to acknowledge that today is Remembrance Day here in Canada, and I am observing the holiday and recognizing the sacrifices of others,  that has afforded my freedom and the freedom of so many others.

 My support, gratitude and thanks to the military families of the past, present and future for all they do so we can do all we do.

This week has been crazier than most, helping my cat through her recovery which she is not the most grateful of patients...She is however on the mend and showing marked signs of improvement. Thank you for those who reached out.



I have had some lovely books on my table this week and got three lovely books in the mail this week! I had pre ordered The Magicakal Family by Monica Crosson and I was thrilled it finally arrived from The Book Depository!
Libby Klein kindly sent me her Class Reunions are Murder which I think is a new book for 2018 and I got sent the coolest book of haiku, Killer Ku' which is all crime themed haiku, yep as cool as can be and this would make an amazing stocking stuffer!
I read CeeCee James The Frosty Taste of Scandal. My review will be up tomorrow.
I shared my review of Kate Carlisle's Eves of Destruction this week too, it's a good one this book is fab!
Bridget M. Tighe's independently published cozy that I thoroughly enjoyed!
Sunday I shared my love for The Witch at Wayside Cross by Lisa Tuttle. This was a great cozy!
I also shared that our Amigos are taking a Holiday Hiatus and resting up for our tours in 2018.
I even attended a Tea Festival this week and I love the new teas I bought. I have had some fantastic Chia this week, smooth creamy Earl Greys and so many more!
I would like to end today's post by inviting you all to join myself and 34 authors this December on my Beyond The Bookmarks Event Page for Cozies, Crime, Community and Christmas. A great way to spend the holidays and when anyone asks you can tell them you are booked for the holidays! At least one author per day will share their recipes, chat about their books and series and do a giveaway. There will be crafts posts, music, videos and so much more! You can join us from the comfort of your home just by visiting Beyond The Bookmarks and Clicking on the Event Section, Discussion page. We invite you to comment as well, share with us and help us build a great cozy community and spend time with each other virtually this holiday season. Click here for the Event page and you can see the full list of who will be stopping by on our page. 

Thank you for joining me here for a look back at what has been on my table and in my cup this week. I wish you a safe, happy and peaceful weekend. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment