Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Charmed Bones by Carolyn Haines


Charmed Bones by Carolyn Haines is the first Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery I have ever read, and first I have read from this author. I was drawn to it for the cover and I could not resist the plot. I am a fan of paranormal cozies and love ones with witches in them, this mystery was different than the cozies I normally read. While this was a very good read it had more sexual tension than I normally see in cozies, just letting you know if you are someone who prefers more of a tame cozy. I very much enjoyed the idea of a Wiccan Boarding School, and the fact that main characters Sarah and her partner Tinkie are PI's with no nonsense attitudes and who feel the fear and do things anyway. They have a complex relationship and a strong friendship. But they also have strong and stubborn ways about them that make them quite likeable.  This book had lots of elements I enjoyed, especially a live in ghost who manifests as movie characters throughout the book providing a bit of comic relief. This book may not be for everyone but I could not put it down. This one is May 15th and is published by Minotaur Books. 


This book is on Amazon.com and you can find it by clicking here. 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment