Saturday, May 5, 2018

On My Table and In My Cup April 28th-May 5th

This week flew by and I am sad to say I did not get much reading done. I did get lots of tea drinking in, lots of family time and a ton of great thrift store and yard sale finds! Above is a $3 find a tiny May tea cup, that brightened my table on May 1st.
Tuesday I was thrilled to go with some of my girl friends for tea to celebrate our April birthdays at the Neverland Tea Salon. As usual it was a spectacular tea and great company. I could have stayed all day. I loved hanging out with these ladies and eating some of the best tea sandwiches, scones and treats offered in Vancouver.
I got some wonderful surprises in the mail as well! I got a beautiful bird feeder from my friend Lin who made and sent this for my birthday. She also sent some wonderful tea for me to try as well. I love this and hung it by my front door high enough up so that my cats can't use it as a trap!
Remember a few weeks back I told you about the swap I was doing? Well my partner put together a wonderful package for me as if she new me! Lights for my tea tent, shaped as roses (I went out and bought enough to do the entire inside of the tea tent! A lovely cup and saucer, handmade jam! A journal, teas, roses, seeds and the lovely little zippered pouch. I carry these everywhere with me, my purse is filled with them and all sorts of things so zippered pouches make me very happy! I felt truly blessed. I cannot wait for my partner in Australia to get hers! The partner that sent to me is from Ontario! I love making new tea friends.
I had house guests this week as well. My niece #1 came with three friends and went to a concert, they stayed over and we had a quick tea party before they had to get back to Vancouver Island.
I do love a great excuse to make scones and use my china sets for more than just myself!

Yesterday niece #7 joined me for lunch at the tea table outside.
Nieces #2, #3 & #4, along with Nephew #1 (and only) moved into a new house in Montreal this week and Niece #2 is having a Paris Themed room. I wanted to help her find some accessories and set off to our local thrift stores and hit the jack pot! All this for under $15, a Paris memory board, battery operated candle, black teapot and paris tiny cups and saucers and a earring holder that I hope she will love! The thrift stores were great to me this week but the yard sale was even better.

I have been on a great adventure with re organizing my china cabinet this week to accommodate my yard sale finds. I got all of the above for $27! It was a wonderful start to the yard sale season here.
I found this William Morris quote this week, "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" and paired it with one of the teacups from that yard sale, this one is called American Beauty for those of you who might be wondering.  All and all it has been a very successful week for everything accept reading! I have also been writing more for some of my cozy mysteries this week and doing lots of behind the scenes work in many areas of my life. I cannot wait to share more of my finds, reads and experiences with you again soon.
Thank you for joining me here today for a cup of tea and a week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: