Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Spook in the Stacks by Eva Gates...

Today I am reviewing a book that I am so grateful to Crooked Lane Books for publishing. The Lighthouse Library Series by Author Eva Gates is one of my most favorite. I have always loved lighthouses and have dreamed of living in one, so when the series came out about a librarian who lived in a lighthouse library I knew this was a book I had to read. I actually bought the series and to see this one picked up and saved by Crooked Lane Books makes my heart soar. In Spook in the Stacks the amazing  Library Crew, Book Club and fabulous Mayor are back and it is Halloween. Favorite time of year for me and to read it on one of the hottest days on record here was a welcome reprieve. I was easily transported to the Bodie Island Lighthouse, the fog and the mist, the mystery and a bit of imagination made the words Eva wrote jump of the page with just that much more meaning. I loved this book. The mystery I did not figure out until the big reveal and my heart just was so full when I finished reading it. This is a cozy lovers delight, a lighthouse enthusiasts treat and a very good read!
This book is out June 12th! 


Halloween in North Carolina’s Outer Banks becomes seriously tricky when librarian Lucy Richardson stumbles across something extra unusual in the rare books section: a dead body.Wealthy businessman Jay Ruddle is considering donating his extensive collection of North Carolina historical documents to the Bodie Island Lighthouse Library, but the competition for the collection is fierce. Unfortunately, while the library is hosting a lecture on ghostly legends, Jay becomes one of the dearly departed in the rare books section. Now, it’s up to Lucy Richardson and her fellow librarians to bone up on their detective skills and discover who is responsible for this wicked Halloween homicide. Meanwhile, very strange things are happening at the library—haunted horses are materializing in the marsh, the lights seem to have an eerie life of their own, and the tiny crew of a model ship appears to move around when no one is watching. Is Lucy at her wit’s end? Or can it be that the Bodie Island Lighthouse really is haunted? 

You can preorder on Amazon.com by clicking here.( I am not an amazon affiliate and I don't get paid if you do. )
Thank you for joining me here for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment