Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Picked Off by Linda Lovely

I was asked to review Linda Lovely's second in the Brie Hooker Mystery series Picked Off and was excited to download my ARC from Netgalley. I loved the first one and the second one did not disappoint. This one had a bunch of great storylines and I enjoy the wannabe love triangle between main character Brie and best friends Andy and Paint. I also love that Brie is a vegan, which is such an odd part of the plot and yet comes together beautifully. Lots of animals, dogs and mayhem at their farm. The mystery in this one I very much enjoyed, the political twist was not what I expected and read really well not a predictable run of the mill plot line. I really enjoyed it. I could not put it down and I read it in one night. This one is out June 5th and well worth the read. A fine Henery Press book!  *Not sure why but Amazon has the cover below. I liked both covers but this is what it looks like if you go looking for it.
It’s been seven months since Brie Hooker, a vegan, moved to Udderly Kidding Dairy to live with her feisty Aunt Eva, a confirmed carnivore. But tonight there’ll be no family feud over dinner entrees. Udderly’s hosting a campaign fundraiser for Eva’s best friend, who hopes to be South Carolina’s next governor. The candidate’s son, a pro quarterback, is flying home for the wingding. And Brie’s eager to get a close-up view of the cute tush she’s admired on TV, even though she’s reluctantly sworn off even more tempting local beefcake. The campaign fundraiser promises to be a huge success until a pitchfork attack turns the goat farm into a crime scene—again. To protect her friends, Brie puts her sleuthing skills to work. Will she live long enough to find out who’s behind a vicious assault, a kidnapping, blackmail, and murder? 

Thank you for joining me here for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment