Sunday, September 25, 2016

Joyce Tremel's Tangled Up In Brew

Last Monday I read Tangled Up in A Brew by Jocye Tremel. This was a first for me in the series and I will be honest here, I picked it for the cover and thought "Brew" meant "coffee" and I may not have read it if I knew it was about beer! If I had read what the book was about and the series I may not have picked it up at all. What a happy accident it turned out to be. I am so glad I picked it and read it! While Beer is not my brew of choice, I was delighted with this book and the entire concept. The story revolves around a female brew master and her NHL retired chef boyfriend. Their back stories alone make for an excellent read! Then there was main character "Max's" amazing family. Father who is a police man, brother a priest, then there is a cat named hops.....the back story was fun! The mystery its self was very well done and I found myself very angry at the first victim in the book and not nearly as motivated to help solve the mystery as the main character, I would have been happy to sit back and eat burgers while Max solved the mystery...actually that is exactly what I did. LOL This is a different take on a cozy and I loved the idea, I like strong female characters who have really interesting jobs and this one was delightfully different. 

To order your own copy of this October 4th  release with free shipping from the Book Depository please click here.
Amazon please click here. 
To learn more about this series and Joyce Tremel please click here. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Karen! That cat on your banner at the top of the page looks just like Hops on the cover!

    ReplyDelete