Sunday, October 23, 2016

Death At First Sight by Lena Gregory

Friday on my table I had and advanced reading copy of Death at First Sight, a new first in series by Lena Gregory. This is a Bay Island Psychic Mystery. I am a sucker for a cozy series with a lighthouse, make it one with a possible paranormal twist and I am pretty excited.  I was quite surprised with this cozy and even though the theme of the cozy is a Psychic Mystery this is really more of a cozy with a touch of paranormal thrown in. I liked the story. I loved the characters and main character Cass, is  as complicated as they come, Psychiatrist turned Psychic Shop owner and yes you read that right, makes for a very interesting back story. Two best friends who are fabulous and how their stories intertwine and connect is quite clever. The addition of the classic cozy mystery furry companion does add to the charm of the book. Death at First Sight is out November 1st.
It doesn’t take a crystal ball to see that something’s not right on Bay Island... Since she left her psychiatric practice in New York City to open up a psychic shop in her hometown on Bay Island, Cass Donovan has given her fair share of readings to conflicted customers. But what she sees in Ellie Callahan’s future doesn’t bode well.  When Ellie’s mother, Marge, publicly confronts Cass about the reading, the embarrassment makes her want to curl up and die. And when she later stumbles across Marge’s body—and is a suspect in her murder—Cass is suddenly the star of Bay Island’s rumor mill. Cass is determined to prove her innocence and save Ellie from meeting the fate in her unfortunate vision. But even with the help of her friends Bee and Stephanie, Cass will have to channel some serious sleuthing instincts to find the real killer...
Find out more about Lena Gregory on Facebook by clicking here.
Order your own copy from Amazon by clicking here. 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment