Saturday, October 8, 2016

On My Table and In My Cup October 1st-8th

Saturday of the Thanksgiving long weekend here in Canada, it sneaks up on me every year. I think the USA has the right idea by having it in November, though I wont complain I am not cooking this year, duties have fallen to my sister (who is a better cook then me) and my mother in law who's cooking is out of this world. I am very lucky to be sure. I tell you I swear I blinked and it was only labor day weekend.  On my table currently is a new to me cozy called Magicless in Nevermore, love the title and the cover can not wait to get into this one. I may indulge in a paranormal cozy or two every now in again as one does a bag of potato chips...
I did not indulge in as much reading as I would have liked to this week but I did indulge in other things I loved, my friend and I had high tea this week and it was a heavenly escape. The Chocolate Zuccini Bread was out of this world, I am going to have to try my hand at making some myself. I loved their peach black tea we had and tried their Avalon blend which I found to floral. 
 I have been reading Carrie Doyles' very interesting cozy Death on Windmill Way it is my hope to finish it today and share the review with you tomorrow or early next week.

I am still catching myself thinking back to the cozy I read on Sunday and remembering that though I finished the book how much I enjoyed this story. I love it when a  good book stays with you and The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum was a cozy I really enjoyed.
Released this week Crepe Factor by Laura Childs with Terrie Farley Moran was a great opportunity for me to learn more about the writing process and I am thrilled that Terrie was able to share with me and all of you how that process worked. I am very excited to have had the opportunity to read this one.
I hosted 4 of Vicki Vass Antique Hunter Mysteries on my table this week and loving this series as I do I can not say enough about the way it is written. If you are looking for a great established series that is well written and fun this is a series for you.
I look forward to sharing more cozies and great reviews with you soon. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment