Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Sour Taste of Suspicion by CeeCee James

Monday December 5 brought so much snow that it afforded me a much needed reading break from the packing and the moving. I settled down into the couch and read every word cover to cover and I loved it. This was by far my most favorite book in the series and I found it the most interesting story line. I love a good paranormal mystery as you know and while this was not at all a paranormal mystery, I did love the "ghost story" that CeeCee tells. When all was revealed at the end I did not fully suspect the killer, nor had I picked up on all the subtle clues that CeeCee left in the book, at the big reveal I was actually pretty shocked and really impressed. Loved the tiny details in this one and I had no trouble at all picturing the setting, from the "dust" to the tiny doll house and the tormented lady of the house this was a great story to curl up with for sure!
The only thing worse than living in a haunted house is somebody trying to make you the next ghost. When Elise takes a position at spooky old Montgomery Manor as companion to her friend Lavina’s great aunt, she’s expecting an easy job for the holidays. What she doesn’t expect are dead bodies, ghosts and a murderer who’s picked her as the next target. Delving into the secrets and tragedies of the past, her only clue is a doll’s house from which pieces keep mysteriously disappearing. But what is the connection between the doll’s house and the real one? Is Montgomery Manor really haunted, or is there something even more sinister afoot? Elise will have to use all her all her ingenuity to answer the questions—and fast, or she just might find she’s the house’s newest ghost

The Sour taste of Suspicion by CeeCee Jame is now out and you can find it on Amazon by clicking here.

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment