Monday, April 13, 2020

A Tiny Seat in A Cozy Corner

Last week an author I love Ellery Adams shared a tiny cozy reading spot she created for herself during these difficult times of self isolation. I was quite inspired by it. I don't have a lot of space but I wanted to create a cozy spot just to sit and sip and read. Making the most of this time of solitude.
I utilized the order on line and curbside pick up at my local hardware store, these were each $10. I used some black and brown paint, added water and stained the wood. I also used an old chopping board as the seat.
I sewed some $2 bold ends of fabric, into a pillow case and placed a Walmart inexpensive pillow inside for my seat cushion. I ordered the pillow case that says Drink Good Tea, read good books on ebay a few months pack for under $5.
It was dusk when I finished and made myself a nice cup of tea. I thought I might share the view from my seat as well...
I hope you can find a cozy spot to read and reflect in these trying times.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment