Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Happy Birthday Your Majesty.


Today is Queen Elizabeth's Birthday. It is her 94th birthday. It is usually a time she celebrates with close family and friends while we all celebrate her birthday publicly with the Trooping of the colors scheduled for June 13th in London. At this time we don't know if this will carry on but I do hope it will. 

I watched over the weekend, a video from a former Palace Chef Darren McGrady on how he made scones for the Queen.  In honor of her birthday I thought I would give them a try.

I will be honest that I did not have the right sized cookie cutter and all though I love the idea of these, I did not find that mine rose as nicely as Chef McGrady's did. They were yummy for sure, but I like my way better. I was really surprised to learn that the Queen apparently puts her jam on first!
I truly enjoyed watching this video and I hope you do too. Cheers to hopefully many more years. Long live the Queen.
Thank you for joining me here for a cup of tea and a birthday toast to Queen Elizabeth. I would love to her from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment