Saturday, April 4, 2020

Grateful Saturday Moment


Hello my friends and welcome back. It is Saturday and already 1 pm here on the West Coast. I am thrilled to report that for the first time in as long as I can remember I had a really good sleep and a nice dream. Which is much needed in these most trying times. 

How are you spending your time if you are not working the front lines? For me it has been a mixture of emotions from guilt to glee and back again. I hate the feeling of not being in control or on top of this virus. I am learning to take back moments of control and I hope you can too.


I have spend much of this week in pockets of time where I felt in control of my environment, and I spent almost equal times of feeling guilt for not being on the front lines. What we are asking of people to put their lives ahead of their own and their own families is extraordinary. The vital role that we all play in this is nothing to feel guilty about.

It is my hope that as we all do what we can to help stop the spread of the virus, that we learn more about the resiliency of ourselves, our neighbors and our community. That we come out of this more compassionate and understanding. That we learn and take the time to thank others for the rolls they play, we all play in society.
If you find yourself struggling in moments, take back the control. Slow down, take down that cup and saucer, put on the water and make yourself a cup of tea. Sip and savor the tea and give thanks for the moment and put yourself back in the driver seat of your own life. You are not stuck at home, you are safe at home and the sacrifice we make to do so is as important as the front line workers. Light a candle in the darkness, phone or write a friend, I would love to hear from you, so please email me at karenmowen@gmail.com
Thank you for joining me here for a cup of tea and a grateful Saturday moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment