Thursday, September 24, 2015

Autumn Reflections and Inspiration From Facebook

The above is a meme that crossed my news feed and brought a smile to my face last night. Not only did I feel it had relevance in my own life but I think it pretty much sums up every single one of my favorite cozy mystery main characters, okay maybe not Charlie from The Cat in the stacks mysteries but really it could apply to him too.
September is one of those times of year I feel the most excited and the most anxiety, followed quickly and closely by Christmas. I feel like I am swept up into a "vortex' called September and before I know it is new years day and I have felt like I just blinked.  But with all this stress and anxiety there is a healthy does of excitement and inspiration. I have to remember to take time for that second cup of tea, that deep breath and change the way I see the difficulties I feel coming my way. Easier said then done but I try. Like my favorite photo of my tea I think I ever have taken and shared shown above. "Holding of the weight of the world one cup at a time"
 Heather Stillufsen  of Rosehilldesignstudio.etsy.com  is one of my favorite artists and I have purchased several of her cards as they personally move and speak to me in a way I never felt before. Her design above embodies that feeling of excitement and anxiety that I feel with the start of each September.
One of these days I am going to have to splurge and pick myself up one of her journals! I have a great selection of her cards I would love to frame and hang up they are so very motivating and inspiring. You can see them daily on Facebook by clicking here  or check out her Etsy shop by clicking here.

This time of year I do love reading a good paranormal cozy mystery anything with Witches or Ghosts, I love reading them year round but especially when Halloween approaches. I loved Carol J. Perry's Caught Dead Handed, The entire series is wonderful!
If you are looking for a funny paranormal read do check out Tonya Kappes Ghostly Grave  I really had a great laugh with this one.
Heather Blake has two really great paranormal cozies and One Potion in the Grave is currently on sale for $1.99 Click here for your deal on the kindle version! 
There are so very many more wonderful paranormal cozies to read this Autumn and some wonderful Autumn releases. So while there may not be a whole lot of Roses to stop and smell there is a whole lot stolen moment for The Ritual of Tea ...

Thank you for joining me for A cup of tea and some cozy mysteries. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment