Thursday, March 29, 2018

Karen's Tale of The Tea Tower...

I had every intention of sitting and reading today but a quick stop at the thrift store today and I unexpectedly found something I had been looking for, for a while. I found a four drawer tower with soft basket drawers that I thought would be perfect for my tea tower area. I have a very small kitchen and every cupboard and drawer had tea tucked into it. So if there was ever a better time to start spring cleaning it was yesterday afternoon. I am an avid tea drinker and enthusiast. I learned yesterday that I had greatly underestimated the amount of teas I actually had squirreled away.  Much like my tea cup collection, my tea collection is widely used and I am happy to say that most of the bags and tins I have of loose leaf are mostly 1/2 full still, I wont admit to just how much that is. I will say that I could right now open my own tea shop and tea room and not need to restock for a very long time. I think I need to just throw daily tea parties from now to Christmas just to make a dent....but what is in these drawers?
The drawers are packed so tightly and full of some of the worlds best teas! I enjoyed going through them and actually sampling a few throughout the sorting process. Some I had forgotten and a few I have yet to try. Needless to say I was very surprised to find that I have 48 one ounce cans of tea that did not fit in the drawers and two large baskets of tea bags that I often take with me on the go or that I buy in between my stops in Oregon at the Stash Tea Store.
While I love this little tower of tea and the small display area, my friend Anna is right I do need another china cabinet chest to store it all, or perhaps just a few hundred friends to stop by for tea.
 I put my great grandmother's chair beside the tower in the corner of the kitchen, it is too small to have a table in it with the way it is shaped but it is quite cozy, as long as I can attempt to keep it clear of the clutter.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and an attempted tea intervention. My goal now is to drink so much of the tea that I can make planters out of some of the tins.  I will keep you updated on my progress.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment