Saturday, December 23, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup December 16th- 23rd

Blinking and thinking about the tidal wave of a week we have just had passed as we gear up for the big days yet ahead. I felt like I was just treading water this week and took the wonderful highs, with a few lows. I can not believe that I am going to blink again and it will be Christmas Eve, Day and the New Year. Thursday was the first day of the 12 days of Christmas, also known as Yule, and the Winter Solstice. The above photo is for my table and this is my yule log.
Yesterday I added one of my newer Snowbabies to the table, at the time we were expecting more snow and we were lucky not to get more just yet, I think this is my good luck charm!
Don't get me wrong, we did have snow, so much that snuck up on us on Tuesday it pretty well shut the city down. Traffic was awful and roads very much unsafe. I took this after the second round of shoveling I did...
you may look at this photo and laugh, as this is likely not much snow for where you live but here it is quite a bit. It was 4 inches when it stopped and yes when you live on the West Coast of Canada as I do, just Three hours North of Seattle, you don't expect to get snow often or very much. The novelty of it wears off quickly and while it looks great from the window, if you have to go anywhere it is a nightmare. More snow is forecast for Christmas Day, who knows we may actually have a white Christmas here after all.
I am reading CeeCee James newest cozy called Cherry Pie or Die, I am very much loving this story and due to the snow, three Christmas Concerts and a two hour dental appointment has found me carrying the book around and not getting time to sit and binge read as I would like! I will share the review tomorrow though!
I downloaded and read a great little cozy short story this week by Gin Jones it was a free one on Amazon this week and a lovely book to read while I enjoyed tea and shortbread from one of my friends.
I did manage to also get The Hostess With the Ghostess read this week as well.
I will leave you here today, some much needed last minute shopping I must do and hope that you are all enjoying your Saturday.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment