Monday, December 4, 2017

Wreath Making Party Recap...


If you saw my post Saturday you have already seen the wreath I made from drift wood at my friend Jen's annual Christmas party. It was a labor of love for sure and today I wanted to share some of the photos from behind the scenes at the party and the three other wreaths I made that night.
Each year my friend Jen and her mom cut the most amazing evergreens and herbs from their gardens and put them out for us all to use. Over the years we have all collected ribbons, adornments, wires, now lights and items we all share to create our annual wreaths. I use the same forms most years, however this year the first Christmas in our new rental home so I wanted something very special and something along the same lines of the cedar stars I usually make. The drift wood is from the beach I went to in the mornings in August with my husband. While he walked I would sit on the beach and drink my tea. I started to collect some of the drift wood sticks and gradually my form became the star you see in the first photo. 


This is my wreath as I was laying out my greens....
This is the wreath I made for my mother in law. Here I laid the greens out first, then wired them on with a set of lights...
This is what it looked like when I was finished. My mother in law said she loved it!

My friend Jen had this really cool wreath form and she had so much burlap, so I set to work alternating the burlap in red and tan. When i was done I laid out the greens, wired them on and added read berries and bow. This one I loved and I left it for our hostess and her family.
I also made one of the more traditional cedar stars for one of her neighbors. Jen put out a wonderful dinner and we had a lovely time. Her aunt ties the world's best bows, and the company the family keeps cannot be beat.  This is one of my favorite events of the year.
Thank you for joining me today for a cup of tea and a look at the Wreath Making Party.
I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment