Monday, August 17, 2015

New Tea To Me And A New Recipe Book And A Canadian Mail Delivery Mystery...


I came home to a notice that Canada Post our postal system is changing yet again how mail is delivered and lets just say I am less then impressed. I already wait on average 14 days longer for each piece of mail and package then my US counterparts. I am really frustrated. Mostly because I have several books on order that should have arrived while I was away for two weeks and have not yet come. My mail is usually delivered by 11:45 am Monday through Friday when I get mail but now the notice I got says it will be changing yet again, likely less often and all to save money....but I digress. While I await the mail delivery and hope my wonderful mail man for the last 6 years has not lost his job here is a recipe and tea review, the mystery here is when my mail delivery will return to the "New Normal" I am dreading!
I picked up this book called Cookie Swap by Lauren Chattman,  on clearance (as it was a damaged book) a few months back at Indigo our local chain book store and figured I should try a few of the recipes. I started with the first one for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Though mine did not turn out exactly like the photo they were pretty good. Just slightly different from my regular recipe and the boys and my husband ate them up in record time.
I do like my cookie recipe better as it is not as sweet at this one but still very good.
On to trying the tea. The Victorian Earl Grey Tea by Celestial Seasonings is not bad. It is quite tasty but it has for sure that signature Celestial Seasonings taste that I can not quite place but is best described as "tangy" this Earl Grey has lots of Bergamot in it. Personally I think it is quite tasty but I do prefer a more smooth tasting creamy Earl Grey.
Paired with the chocolate chip cookies this was a nice afternoon treat. To view the book Cookie Swap please click here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea, a cozy recipe and a Canadian Mail Mystery. As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment