Monday, January 30, 2017

Granny Hooks A Crook, by Julie Seedorf

My dear friend Lisa sent me this book on Amazon as a gift last week and I truly enjoyed this very humorous cozy. I had not read any of the Granny series by Julie Seedorf and Granny Hooks A Crook is the first in this series. There is so much to love and admire about Granny, her undercover work and her menagerie of animals.  I needed a light and humorous cozy this weekend and this one was delightful.  

Granny leads a secret life in the small, unique community of Fuschia, Minnesota. It’s not just her all junk food diet, multiplying pets, or her shocking bedtime attire that makes Granny one in a million. No, Granny is an undercover cop, charged by “the Big Guy” (the town’s police chief) of preventing theft in local stores. Granny takes her job seriously and daily foils many shoplifters using her trusty spiked umbrella and amazing acting skills. When some startlingly brazen burglaries begin to occur that Granny can’t solve, along with mysteriously appearing bad guys, disappearing clerks, and misplaced Corvettes, Granny begins to wonder if she isn’t ready for the wrinkle farm. Maybe, it’s fortuitous when she accidentally-on-purpose falls in the lap of an attractive older gentleman who is soon roped into her wild adventures, as they try to figure out what’s happening in their little town.

Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment