Saturday, January 14, 2017

On My Table And In My Cup January 7th-14th

What a wonderful week, hoping you did too. I have made lots of time for reading this week, finishing 4 books and was so thrilled to get Healing Herbal Tea's a book I ordered several months ago when I previewed it and reviewed it. I knew that I had to have this in my collection and spent most of last night reading through it planning blends to try.

I had the true luck of the Irish having two Irish Cozies on my table this week. Friday night I finished Cruel Winter, by Sheila Connolly.  I really did not want this one to end. Perfect read for this cold and icy week, this is book 5 and being published by Crooked Lane Books this March 14th. My review will be posted early next week.
Charlene O'Connor's Murder at an Irish Wedding was like a breath of fresh air. This is book two and takes place shortly after book one ends. I so admire the heart in this story, the strong family ties and cozy Irish hospitality the way that Carlene writes.
Witchy paranormal cozy Headless in Nevermore spent a bit of time on my table, this is a cozy I purchased from Amazon. Violet Merriweather spins a great fable and cozy mystery in this the second in series.
A wonderful surprise awaits in Kate Kingsbury's Dead and Breakfast a Merry Ghost Inn mystery. This is book one in a series I am really looking forward too. I love the granddaughter and grandmother duo, who sink everything into a haunted Oregon coast Victorian that they are renovating for a bed and breakfast when they stumble upon a skeleton behind the wall they are removing. Good mystery in this one!
She Stopped for Death was more of a psychological thriller cozy which I had on my table this week. I was very surprised  with how this cozy turned out. Love the ideas of the Little Library Mystery series and was excited to have book two to review.
A lovely little book also on my table was the Little Big Book of White Spells, this is a book that would make a great gift and one I appreciated as a reference for an aspiring paranormal cozy mystery writer.
In my cup this week I have lots of black tea, Double Cream Earl Grey from Thay Tea and Vanilla Black tea from Murchies.
I am so glad to have you join me here for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment