Saturday, January 28, 2017

On my table and in my January 21-28th

Thank you for joining me here for a cup of tea and a week in review. This has been a very difficult week for me, in many ways. While I was very lucky to have had some fantastic books to read and take me away from the world for a few hours each day, I have been troubled by how much pain and suffering has surrounded so many people I know this week. I am so very blessed in my own life, but I am not with out anxiety and stress. This Wednesday was Bell.ca's Let's Talk day, a day to bring awareness to the important task of removing the stigma around mental illness. A very large sum of money was raised with each text sent, or #letstalk tweet, message and more. The photo above was my contribution, I salute Bell for this campaign . This week I have witnessed strength and courage previously not witnessed by own eyes and it has had a impact on my life I have yet to fully understand. There are people in life that will have the most profound effect on the trajectory of your future, by how they become solidified in your past. The ones we seek the most are in the happy memories, however it is the difficult defining moments and memories that show our true character. I have lit many candles this week and said many prayers for strength for so many.
There have been incredibly happy moments this week as well, my son turned 16, I got flowers twice, from my husband this week, visits from friends and support from people placed so very perfectly in my life. I also sipped tea from some of the most beautiful and delicate vessels, tea made from perfectly formed leaves and infused flavors complemented each moment of reflection and self care.
And there have been so many wonderful books! And yes I have read them all this week!
Currently on my table is Granny Hooks A Crook, by Julie Seedorf, a gift of humor and mystery from my wonderful and thoughtful friend Lisa from lisaksbookthoughts
Nell Hampton's April 11th release was a delight to have on my table and a great escape, imagine working for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Kensington Palace! Honestly this was a great cozy in a very perfect imagined great British home. I am looking forward to reading more of this series.
Murder at the Fortune Teller's Table by Janet Finsilver was not at all what I thought, not exactly a paranormal mystery however this was a fun book 3, first I had read in the series and I enjoyed the team feeling of this book.
An impromptu visit to Scotland this week with Of Books and Bagpipes, a true arm chair travelers delight. I could picture so easily this setting and the story was filled with history and mystery. I highly recommend it. 
I was off skiing in Colorado with Lynn Cahoon's Fatality by Firelight, a lovey writers retreat mystery with Cat as she handles her second writers retreat while living in her own mystery. So many elements of this story to love, the food mentions as well had me making soup and feeling as though I was snowed in and loving it. 
I shared a review of a very fun cozy by CeeCee James, this one is out now and a great deal of fun.

I also was delighted with Snowed in with Murder by Auralee Wallace, I was very lucky to have so many wonderful stories to read and escape with. I hope that you may also have the same experience with these titles, a cozy spot and a cup of tea too. 
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery week in review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment