Thursday, December 28, 2017

Goals for 2018



Do you make resolutions or goals for the new year? I always have and yet we are almost at the end of the year and making a list is somewhat daunting. In the past I usually do follow through and complete most of them, usually because the goals i pick are not only attainable but usually prefered activities. I am all about setting up for success and not failure. 
So thinking along the lines of goals or resolutions I write today's blog. I did not get much reading done at all so I did not finish a book to review so I am tackling the next thing on my list. Rather than come up with the usual 10, I think that three might even be a stretch for me this year.

My first goal is to buy and read this book...It has sat on my wish list now for more than three years and it is time I finally get it. Having been a lifelong admirer of  lighthouses and their keepers, I would love to drop everything and move into and restore a lighthouse.


Goal number two Goodreads Reading Challenge, this year I set the goal as 100 books and I know that I have read 178+ books this year. The year before I was able to get close to 100 as well.  I read so many amazing books this year and 2018 is already shaping up to be a good one!


Goal number three, continuing with my writing. Finding the courage to be more brave and practice with the short story and hope to make into longer. This is not easy for me, especially the sharing part. I did so a few weeks ago and you were all so kind, I would like to try to do this more often. Maybe even twice next year.

*Bonus, I really would love a wax stamp like the one shown on the letter there, so maybe I have two goals...I must have crayons and a potato here I could make a stamp from...

Thank you for indulging me again today. I look forward to sharing more reviews with you again soon. I appreciate you joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery each and every day.

1 comment:

  1. I always make New Year resolutions and like you, I am pretty good at keeping them. I wholeheartedly agree that you should set yourself up for success so my resolutions are very attainable and realistic. It's funny how even the smallest of resolutions (or goals) that I keep all year give me the greatest satisfaction! Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete