Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A Cozy Orphan Tea Cup Find.....

The difference between a flower and a weed is perspective...


Today before work I stopped at one of our local thrift stores and stumbled on one of my favorite finds, an orphaned tea cup! This one is a true treasure to me because it says Happy Birthday on it!
It is a Rosina Bone China tea cup and likely not worth much to anyone but me, I have one Happy Birthday set that matches but they are a rare find these days and I love thinking about the person who was originally given this cup and the sentiment behind it. I paid 3.99 for it way more than I should have but something would not let me leave it behind.
This charming little cup has lovely pink flowers on it and sadly no matching saucer, so the fun begins to find a suitable substitution saucer...
I don't think this will be too hard to match but I do love it when a good find comes together. I once found a cup and had it for two years before find the correct saucer and it made me so happy to reunite them. So I hope before my birthday in April, I will have found something lovely worth placing on my table.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy teacup find. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment