Friday, July 15, 2016

Murder Handcrafted A Wonderful Mystery With All The Feels Start To Finish!

Wednesday I finished Murder Handcrafted by Isabella Alan, I so enjoyed this read, as I write this I still have a tears in my eyes with how it ended. I have not read the 4 previous books in this series and after reading this one I can not wait to read the rest. I loved the relationship of main character Angie and her Amish best friend who just happens to be a male. I also loved the romance between her and the sheriff, her relationship with her parents and her super sleuthing skills in this mystery. The murder was a gruesome one and I even found I have conflicting feelings for the person who was murdered, usually in cozy mysteries for me that never happens. I always want the murder caught and brought to justice, however my picture of the person who was murdered constantly changed in my head as I read. I love the theme of what makes a good family, friendships strong and community so important. I laughed, I cried and I longed to be part of the quilting circle. This was a book and series I can honestly say I was thrilled to have found.
Spring has arrived in Holmes County and Angie couldn’t be happier. She’s got great friends, a thriving business, and is in the perfect relationship with Sheriff James Mitchell. The only thing raining on her parade is her mother drafting her into a massive home renovation project—and using their sudden mother/daughter bonding time to comment on Angie’s ticking biological clock.  The house’s repairs and upgrades between the Amish craftsmen and their Englisch counterparts are proceeding well until a tremendous shock comes to the workers when the electrician is found dead on site. With the sheriff suspecting foul play, it falls to Angie to root a killer out of the woodwork. . . .
I also loved the title and the cover of this book, the two furry helpers in this book were delightful as well!
To learn more about Isabella Alan and the Amish Quilt Shop Mystery series please click here. 
To order Murder Handcrafted on Amazon please click here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: