Thursday, July 13, 2017

Grave Errors by Carol J. Perry



There is nothing more satisfying to me than a really great cozy mystery ghost story. Carol J. Perry has a way of making a paranormal cozy feel perfectly normal and complete! Grave Errors is out August 29th and is book five in the Witch City Mysteries. I love this series, it is not at all what I expected when I picked up book number 1 and I am more surprised and enchanted with each additional book. I was blown away. Main character Lee, is very much relatable to me, actually she is one of my most favorite characters of all time in all the cozy series I read. She is someone I could completely be friends with. She is smart, takes things as they come and has about the best mental health balance of any characters out there. Despite the fact that she is widowed, orphaned, she is about as untraumatized and yet strengthened by these very things that would make most of us throw in the towel. She has a great job as a teacher in a school that is based in an old department store in Salem Massachusetts, she is a Nascar fan, has a great yellow cat, boyfriend on the police force, an Aunt who is like her own personal google search engine and she see visions in shiny objects....Seriously I could not make this up but I am so glad that Carol J. Perry did because this book was the perfect read for someone like me who loves the fall, Nascar, Witches, Cats and knows a great paranormal cozy when I read one! This one is highly recommended and I am thrilled I got to read it early!

For residents of Salem, Massachusetts, the day after Halloween brings empty candy wrappers, sagging pumpkins, and a community-wide identity crisis. That is, until Lee Barrett’s TV production class suggests extending the spooky season with the traditional Mexican celebration Dia de Los Muertos. But when the students discover not all of Salem’s dead are resting in peace, the post-October blues don’t seem so bad after all . . . As if a series of haunting graveyard visits isn’t disturbing enough, Lee and her policeman boyfriend connect the crime to an unsolved missing person case. Driven by a series of chilling psychic visions, Lee calls on her cleverest allies—including her shrewd cat, O’Ryan—to go underground and dig up the evidence needed to put a lid on a cold case forever . . . before the latest headstone in town has her name on it!


You can pre order Grave Errors by Carol J. Perry on Amazon by clicking here .
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: