Sunday, September 3, 2017

Death Overdue by Allison Brook

Death Overdue by Allison Brook is the type of book I absolutely love, from the title to the cover and all the pages in between once I picked this one I up I could not put it down. I read way past midnight to finish it Friday August 25th and was I ever thrilled I did so. 
Death Overdue is out in October and published by Crooked Lane Books.  I don't know Allison Brook but I can tell you that I might just drop everything in the future to pick up and read anything she writes! I was so drawn in by this story and loved the way it was written. It's not exactly paranormal the way I consider a paranormal mystery to be, but having the main character Carrie posses the ability to talk to the resident ghost feels more natural than not!  I thought this was a wonderful read. I loved the theme, the characters even Carrie's arch nemesis in the book. Allison does a great job of letting you get to know Carrie but leaving you with questions about her family, about herself and makes you want so much want to be apart of the library staff! A truly great read for fall and I anxiously await the next in what I hope will be a long running series. 


Carrie Singleton is just about done with Clover Ridge, Connecticut until she's offered a job as the head of programs and events at the spooky local library, complete with its own librarian ghost. Her first major event is a program presented by a retired homicide detective, Al Buckley, who claims he knows who murdered Laura Foster, a much-loved part-time library aide who was bludgeoned to death fifteen years earlier. As he invites members of the audience to share stories about Laura, he suddenly keels over and dies.The medical examiner reveals that poison is what did him in and Carrie feels responsible for having surged forward with the program despite pushback from her director. Driven by guilt, Carrie’s determined to discover who murdered the detective, convinced it’s the same man who killed Laura all those years ago. Luckily for Carrie, she has a friendly, knowledgeable ghost by her side. But as she questions the shadows surrounding Laura's case, disturbing secrets come to light and with each step Carrie takes, she gets closer to ending up like Al.


Find this book on Amazon for presale by clicking here.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment: