Saturday, September 16, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup September 9th-16th

This is a week that has flown by, a one foot in front of the other week. I found out over the weekend that a friend, mentor and author I worked closely with, passed away suddenly. Jessica Simon was a fellow Sister in Crime member and our membership secretary at Sisters In Crime Canada West, it was a shock and we are deeply saddened with the news of her sudden passing.

At this time I am looking at still holding the event we had planned on September 24th, but will proceed after consultation with her husband Mike. To all who knew and loved Jessica, my heart is with you as we mourn this incredible loss to our community.
My Witchy Wednesday book this week was Crystal Magic, a book that is coming out in October and a book I felt I really learned with. This is a book that would make a great gift to those who love the stones and crystals. 
I was surprised to find a mystery in my mailbox, a book I have had on my wishlist and am excited to read! Midsummer Night's Mischief, arrived from a mystery sender and I wish to thank them and hope they will let me know who they are! #buyafriendabookdaymystery. 


I finished Donna Andrews How the Finch Stole Christmas, this is a lovely holiday cozy and a review I will share in the next week or so. Keep your eye out for this one!

Oh boy did I love Death on Tap by Ellie Alexander, I have so many things I want to share about this book . To start with I will share a cautionary tale with you about Death on Tap by Ellie Alexander, you are going to want to clear your schedule to read it and if you are reading on a device, make sure it is fully charged before you start! The only reason I did not finish this in one night is my ipad battery died, this is a very good binge worthy book and I am delighted it is on my table! I love it when a first in series captures me in this way! 
I am almost finished Murder on the Toy Town Express by Barbara Early! This one is a great story and easy to picture for me, I would love to go to a toy fair like the characters do in this book, more to come with the review. 

Thank you so much for joining me this weekend for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery week in review. I look forward to sharing more with you tomorrow. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment