Saturday, October 28, 2017

On My Table and In My Cup October 21 st-28th

This weekend I am engrossed in the second book in a series I read earlier this year and loved from Lisa Tuttle,This one is The Curious Affair of The Witch At Wayside Cross. It is hard to put down! I am very much enjoying how this is written and the mystery so far.
This Monday I am hosting the evening part of my friend Sheryl from Booth Talks Books and My Monster Marathon of Authors at Kathi Daley's Halloween Spooktacular and I would love if it you came by. We have some wonderful authors, some great giveaways and games to play. You can join in the fun by clicking here. I will be logging on around 4pm PST/7pm EST and have a great lineup of authors who will be stopping by! Please come and say hello from the comfort of your home and celebrate with us.
This week I have read some wonderful books and I was very close to reading one per day! I loved Sharon Pape's That Olde White Magick and have a review coming up in a few days for you, but a great cozy/paranormal/fantasy, keep your eyes out for this one.
If Murder and Men by Lynn Cahoon was on my table and in my heart, this is book three in the series and the review will be up in the next week or so as well. Well written, planned perfectly and a delight!
A must read this holiday season for Krista Davis' Not a Creature Was Purring. My time reading it was too short and I stayed up way past my bedtime to finish it, not wanting to have it end and yet not wanting to put it down. Love this series and this book is perfect, review coming later in November as my review date is set for later in the month, but I could not resist having it in my hand and not reading it first. 

 Mary Ellen Hughes has a charming Keepsake Cove mystery series debut with A Fatal Collection, I very much enjoyed this one too!
Maddie Hatter, oh the special place in my heart for you and this series. A true delight to have read this and indulged my inner fan girl! A great read and a book series I think every 9+ year old girl should read.

I read Familiar Motives a few weeks ago but this was another one of those reviews I set up ahead of time but had the book in my hand and could not resist reading! I love this series and I know that if you like a New Witch cozy, this one is a good place to start, with a great storyline Familiar Motives is one you will feel very comfortable with and enjoy!
See sometimes I don't only use my teacups and saucers, this is a much treasured tea mug.

I have had a lot of tea this week. Most of it Vanila Black from Murchie's but I have also been indulging in my Stash Tea, the Portland Blend, as well as Mint teas and calming teas this week. The weather here is sunny right now but crisp and cold and it makes one truly appreciate a well stocked tea cupboard, or in this house, cupboards, baskets, shelves, countertops and well almost everywhere you look.
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment