Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Secret, Book & Scone Society by Ellery Adams


Let me first start by saying, how grateful I am to have been selected to read and review The Secret, Book & Scone Society by Ellery Adams. This book is going to be out October 31st, 2018 and is published by Kensington.  This is a book that needs to be on my shelf and and will be forever in my heart! I wished that the world would pause so I could have finished it in one go, but at least this way I savored it! Not your average cozy, and a book that touched me very deeply. It has the trademarks of a cozy, the main characters all starting over, some in a new place and some just deciding then and there to make changes in their lives and alter their paths forever exactly where they are. One of the things I took away most from this book was that it is really never too late to start over and begin again new. 

The book reminds me that changes do not have to be monumental to affect monumental change. I felt emotionally connected to each woman in the story, being able to relate to them and hearing their stories throughout the mystery solidified my feeling of emotional involvement in this book. When I wasn't reading the book, I was thinking about the book, its characters and what was going to happen next. Feeling like I was apart of not just the story but The Secret Book & Scone Society as well. The themes and lessons of learning to trust, taking risks, and moving on are ones in my 40's I feel like I am still learning. This book reminds me to take those risks, make that effort and look for those opportunities to find more meaningful and less superficial people in my own life.  
Each character's story is raw and wonderful in its own way. I can not wait to learn more about each member of the Secret, Book & Scone Society. I loved the cover, the characters and the possibilities for this new series. 
Miracle Springs, North Carolina, is a place of healing. Strangers flock here hoping the natural hot springs, five-star cuisine, and renowned spa can cure their ills. If none of that works, they often find their way to Miracle Books, where, over a fresh-baked “comfort” scone from the Gingerbread House bakery, they exchange their stories with owner Nora Pennington in return for a carefully chosen book. That’s Nora’s special talent—prescribing the perfect novel to ease a person’s deepest pain and lighten their heaviest burden. When a visiting businessman reaches out to Nora for guidance, she knows exactly which novels will help. But before he can keep their appointment at Miracle Books, he’s found dead on the train tracks.  Stunned, Nora forms the Secret, Book, and Scone Society, a group of damaged souls yearning to gain trust and earn redemption by helping others. To join the society, members must divulge their darkest secret—the terrible truth that brought each of them to Miracle Springs in the first place.  Determined to uncover the truth behind the businessman’s demise, the women meet in Nora’s cramped and cozy bookstore to share stories and trade support. And as they untangle a web of corruption, they also discover their own courage, purpose, and a sisterhood that will carry them through every challenge—proving it’s never too late to turn the page and start over . . .

                                    "The same water that softens the potato, hardens the egg"
You can find The Secret, Book &Scone Society on Amazon by clicking here. 
You can find it with free shipping on The Book Depository by clicking here. 
Thank you for joining me here for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery review. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmial.com

1 comment:

  1. Awesome sounding book that I HAVE to read. Thought I was going to have a long wait but I think you made a mistake on the release date. :) Thanks for telling me about this great book. LOVE the cover also!

    ReplyDelete