Saturday, May 2, 2015

On My Table And In My Cup This Week April 26- May 2nd

This has been a very long feeling week. Sunday was my 40th birthday and I celebrated with my husband & boys and extended family heading to our Science Center, Telus World Of Science and then to The Old Spaghetti factory in historic Gas Town. The Science Center and Lunch were fantastic and a great way to spend my birthday. I spend most of the week enjoying Paris tea from adorabelletearoom.com this black tea with currant and bergamot has moved to the number one spot on my list of black teas. I also enjoyed Serenity Now from Davids Tea thanks to my friend Daniela.
 I was thrilled that my Tea Time Magazine arrived and with it the published letter I sent in about them featuring my favorite Royal Albert Pattern
 Thank you to my friend Laine Barash for this stunning photo of my letter in Tea Time Magazine along with her own china, she and I share many similar tastes.
Inspired by her photo I tried my own version of that photo with my favorite poem by Patricia Neeley-Dorsey called Country Living. This week I baked muffins and carrot cake. I did not get to the tea time squares and bars like I had hoped to. My week had lots of "Plot Twists" to it, I hope to get to them in the coming two weeks.

We had some wonderful rain and hail showers and Squirrel the cat had the right idea about how to spend the damp and cold morning. I am still reading and loving Hooked on Ewe by Hannah Read 65 more days until this lovely 2nd book debuts.
My sister gave me a sugar bowl candle for my birthday that is Earl Grey scented and handmade by Kelly Robinson of Vintage Charm Home Decor.

It is very beautiful and a great addition to my table.

 I was pleased and surprised to receive and Advanced Reading Copy of Caught Read-Handed from Terrie Farley Moran and I am thrilled to have contributed the recipe included at the end of this story! I hope you will all enjoy it. 65 more days until it is released as of today as well.
 
I was able to enjoy my tea in my new tea mug from my boys that says Keep calm and Embrace on, in the Sunshine yesterday, while opening my mail. I was relieved and beyond excited that Lemon Pies and Little White Lies finally was delivered by Canada Post from The Book Depository! Canada Post seems to like to hold my pre-orders from Ellery Adams and Lucy Arlington. I am just thrilled it has arrived. To order your own copies please click here. I must remember to pick my mail man up a coffee card to thank him for constantly checking on my missing orders for me!
Thank you for taking time to join me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery this week.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like a very nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Love the candle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sugar bowl candle with the Earl-Grey scent!! And I love Tea-Time magazine too. ( :

    ReplyDelete