Thursday, February 13, 2020

Raven's Feast A Beautiful Book by Kung Jaadee



This week I was given a beautiful children's book by Canadian Author, Kung Jaadee. The book is called Raven's Feast and it is published by Medicine Wheel Education and is Illustrated by Jessica  Von Innerbner. 
This is a story about Raven (Yaahl) who created the world and prepared a feast for the whole world to share with him in Haida Gwaii. This is an absolutely beautiful story that gave me goose bumps!
 There is so much beauty in this story and book, it celebrates oral history, language and culture. I talks of togetherness, peace, harmony and the gifts we have and give freely to others. It talks of love and of respect, honor and friendship. 
I also loved that it includes words and phrases in Haida . 
You can find this book in Canada at Indigo, and on line by clicking here. 


Haw’aa Kung Jaadee. Haw’aa Yaahl. Thank you Moon Woman and Raven for the gift of Raven’s Feast. This story truly celebrates the uniqueness we all have and the gifts we have received from Yaahl. Dang dii kuyaadang. 
Haw'aa for joining me here for a cup of tea and a children's book review of Raven's Feast. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment