Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December 1st! How did that happen already?

December 1st and I am happy to report that my book from Kirsta Davis arrived in the mail yesterday and I am so excited to read it! I ordered it from The Book Depository and finding it in my mail box yesterday was such a delight! My friend Jennifer gave me the most wonderful planter that looks like a Snoman's Hat and it has three bulbs in it. She said put it in the window and don't water it very often. Now that is my type of plant! I hope it does well!
Family Secret Red Velvet Cookies
My sister in law shared with me her recipe for our family Secret Red Velvet Cookies!


  • 1 package Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cakemix
  • 1 package (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, no substitute, softened
  • 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup Icing Sugar
  • One bag of white chocolate chips 

She says they are super easy. Pre heat your oven to 375. Place all ingredients except the powdered sugar and the chocolate chips, into your mixer bowl, cover the mixer with a towel if you do not have a lid and combine. Add the chocolate chips and then using a cookie scoop out your balls of dough. Roll them in icing sugar and place them on a cookie sheet to bake. Bake them 10-12 minutes, you can then sprinkle them with more icing sugar. 
These are one of my most favorite cookies. Thank you Sarah for letting me share!
Thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery and recipe today! I would love ot hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment