Saturday, December 12, 2015

On My Table and In My Cup December 5th-12th

Another week has come and gone in a blink of an eye. On my table this week are the selection of Christmas Cards and a Sympathy Card that our vet sent to us.  I am still amazed at the lost art of the Christmas Card. It has been said that 1843 is the year that the first Christmas Season began. Over the years  I have seen a huge decline in the cards not only that I send but also receive. Yet for the last 172 years the postal service has handled countless holiday greetings and though traditional cards have given way to the photo postcards of smiling children and pets I still enjoy opening each card I am sent. I look every year for a card to send out and often go with the photo postcard as I have done this year but I still look for that perfect card and when I find it I am going to buy it in bulk!
Currently I am reading Armed & Outrageous by Madison Johns, I have an English Breakfast tea from Davids Tea in my cup and am enjoying it's simplicity.
I have had some lovely things on my table this week and feel quiet blessed with all that I have and all that I am given.
This week I am so very thankful to friends and family who make me feel loved and special.

I am also so thankful for the time to read so many wonderful cozy books by some truly remarkable writers. I am also so very thankful to all of you who join me here each day for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery. I look forward to sharing more tea and cozy mysteries with you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment