Friday, June 19, 2015

A Fatal Chapter, A Booktown Mystery By Lorna Barrett

I have finally finished A Fatal Chapter by Lorna Barrett. Truth be told I did not want it to end and considered not finishing it so I could hold on to it, savor it and not have to leave Stoneham.
If you are new to my blog then you may not know that Lorna Barrett's Book Town Mystery Series is one of my most favorites. I found this series at my local library and I fell in love with it. So much so that currently this is the only series I shell out big bucks for and purchase it in hard back. I pre order and wait for it to arrive like a child on Christmas morning.
I have to be honest and say that this was not my most favorite of the series but that has more to do with my state of mind this week and the sadness I have felt not the story it's self.
There is so much to love about this story, great characters and story lines and this is a major book of revelations if you are a long time series follower. I felt a bit blindsided in a way when I was reading it but not in a bad way, just like a "why did I not see this coming" sort of way.
With out giving anything away about the story line I would like to say that I was blown away by the story line and it's twists and turns and I have to wonder if while writing it Lorna knew of the emotional roller coaster we readers would take with this story. I am amazed and in awe of Lorna's talent and depth of character writing. This book made me feel more so then any of her previous books like I was right there in Stoneham, living, breathing and experiencing everything that the characters were as well.
I am now left with a book hangover and questions that will only be answered in time by Lorna and in what I hope will be a quickly released follow up. For those of you who can I fully recommend picking up the hard back versions of this series you will not be sorry, not having to wait for it in trade paper back is only part of the fun. I do love how they look on the table and on the shelf, Like really pretty trophies I have worked hard to win!  To find out more about the Booktown Mystery Series and Lorna Barrett please click here, subscribe to her news letter and check out her other wonderful works and pen names!
I order all my books from The Book Depository (I live in Canada and I love the free shipping with every purchase, especially with the Canadian Dollar the way it is this makes book buying simple easy and gives me something to look forward too, I mean who doesn't love getting "Royal Mail!"
You can order A Fatal Chapter from The Book Depository By Clicking Here. 
Thank you for joining me for A Cup of Tea and This Wonderful Cozy Mystery. As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment