Monday, June 15, 2015

A Tea Tray Poetry Craft I Made

Yesterday I made a tea tray using a vinyl transfer I ordered of my favorite Poem by Patricia Neeley-Dorsey. This is not only a poem that personally speaks to me but one that helps get me in the tea time feeling. I swear when I read this poem my blood pressure drops. So here is how you can make your own tea time poetry tea tray.

I used an artminds tray I bought at Michaels the craft store and I had originally ordered the vinyl for a photo frame but found the tray and liked it so much I bought it instead. Vinyl transfers are so easy to use, you just remove the backing, line it up and press it into place. I used a small spatula to press the letters into place. Then peeled back the topping. You can spray the tray with a sealant if you like or leave it plain.
You can use vinyl transfers of  inspirational quotes or you can order custom work like I did. I used CreationsbyTea a Facebook business you can contact them for information by clicking here. 

To learn more about the fantastic poetry by Patricia Neeley-Dorsey please click here.
Thank you for joining me for A Cup of tea and a tea time craft today, now I am off to finish a cozy mystery!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments: