Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Adult Summer Reading Club At My Library! Another Reason To Love Going To the Library This Summer

It is hot here in Vancouver, not a normal heat wave for us here in what is supposed to be a rain forest.  Really I should not complain but last night I was hot, tired and miserable after the mail man did not deliver me any paperback books... With out a tangible paper back (or hard back) cozy to read I get anxious. So I headed up the hill to our library for a cup of sanity, some air conditioning and to sign the boys up for the summer reading club. I was delighted to find that again this year our library is having an Adult Summer Reading Club. Just another reason to love going in this summer.
Unlike the kids reading club as an adult you only need to read 4 books to be entered into the random draw for gift cards to buy books! Though I think I would like that chance to earn a medal like my boys get! Still this is a really fun way to get the adults involved this summer.
I am actually doing an entire Flat Stanley program with my 7 year old this summer, and Stanley has already been around here for a few weeks. We are taking Stanley with us everywhere this summer while my son reads through the series which I ordered from The Book Depository
I am already loving having this little guy around!

Does your local library do an Adult Summer Reading Program? I would love to know.
Thank you for joining me for A Cup of Tea and A few Cozy Mysteries I choose by their covers to kick of the summer of reading.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment