Saturday, June 6, 2015

On My Table And In My Cup May 30th-June 6th

This week on my table and in my cup, I started with a simple Saturday Morning tea. An old standby and one I have mentioned before an Earl Grey de la Creme this one happens to be from Steeped Tea. I have been asked to share about the tea pot I use and the one featured in today's post is the current favorite. I use my Royal Albert Old Country Roses Tea Pot From Time To Time but admittedly I drink several pots of tea per day and my go to for my black teas is a Trusty Dove Grey London Pottery Farmhouse Filter Teapot
My friend Anna gave me the teapot as a gift in November and it very quickly became my favorite pot, as the lid fits over the basket and nests perfectly in place. I would love to get a few more of these pots as they are well made, the filters are fantastic and the tea is kept very hot even with out the cozy. One of my favorite local spots for tea has a few they use in personal size that I would love to get my hands on. You can order them on line, I saw Amazon had them and in specialty tea shops as well. I was reading the Scarlet Wench by M.K. Graff when it arrived which is set in England and it just felt right.

On my table this week I tried something different and hoped you may have found it fun. The days of the week morning tea had me hoping and noticing the need to get a few more tea cups so that you may all not tired or get bored of the ones I use all the time.  I enjoyed doing this and may try it again, I hope to find another set of these little letters so that I could write more words, Wednesday was a challenge for me and thankfully no one took offense. Not enough "D's" in the package!
Did you have a favorite setting or day?


On my table this week and a series I just love arrived The Diva Steals A Chocolate Kiss by Krista Davis, I love love love this series and am enjoying this latest mystery so very much. Krista Davis' writing makes me feel like I am living in the story not just acting like a bystander. It feels like hanging out with your fabulous friends you have not seen for a while. A truly great weekend escape. I am enjoying Neverland Tea Salon's Black Tea called Vanilla Ice Cream, it is a sweet treat and perfect to go with this chocolate kiss diva mystery!
Finally I wish to say thank you to all of you who took the time to vote for me for Vancouvermom.ca's Top Blogger of 2015. While I did not win, I so appreciate your time and your votes.
I hope wherever you find yourself this weekend you find yourself some quiet and peace.
Until next time, thank you for joining me for a cup of tea and a cozy mystery.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment