Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Blueberry Lemonade Scones My Sunday Morning Mystery Recipe

Sunday morning I woke up with a very strong desire for scones. So I put the kettle on to boil and started to get my scone batter together. I can usually do this in the time it takes for the kettle to boil. I put the flour, sugar, baking powder together, added the margarine (I usually use lard or butter but it was handy so I used it) and went to the fridge to grab the milk and the egg. Then it hit me, I was out of milk. So doing a very quick survey of what I did have came up with Crystal light, Country Time Lemonade and Gingerale. I knew I had blueberries and thought that the lemon in the lemonade would make a lovely addition. Not knowing if it would work or not I substituted the lemonade for the milk and what I ended up with was amazingly light and airy scones that were as my mother in law said "to die for!' I sent this photo to them just as I sat down to eat my first one and my father in law walked over to take home to her so they too could enjoy, it was just after 7 am, (they are only a few blocks away). I was happy to share as I am sure I would have eaten all 12.

As promised on my Facebook page here is the recipe.

Karen's Blueberry Lemonade Scones
-2 cups of all purpose white flour
-4 tsp baking powder
-1/2 cup of white sugar
-1/2 cup of margarine ( you can use lard, butter which ever)
-1 egg
-2/3 cup of Country time lemonade
-1 cup of frozen blueberries.

Method:
Preheat the oven to 400 F
In a large bowl add your flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix together and add your margarine. Mix until a breadcrumb consistency. Add your egg, lemonade and blueberries. Mix together until all the ingredients are just combined. Don't over mix.
Drop large spoonfuls of batter on your parchment lined baking sheet evenly spaced apart. I did 12 very large scones you can make 24 smaller ones if you are doing an afternoon tea. These ones I made are the size you would get in a coffee shop.
Bake until the sides and top are slightly golden brown. Enjoy plain or with Devonshire cream,whipped cream or dairy free cream. Don't forget to add a pot of your favorite flavor of tea and your very best fine china.

Best served warm, with friends or in the company of your cat.
Thank you for joining me for A cup of tea and a cozy recipe. As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. The country time lemonade was in liquid form, right? not the dry mix crystals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes already made up into the Lemonade. Liquid form. Thank you Donna

      Delete
  2. Get a personal loan from $3,000 to $20,000,000 within 24 hours upon request. Other types of loans are also available in less than 48 hours. Contact me as needed. Contact Us At :abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a personal loan from $3,000 to $20,000,000 within 24 hours upon request. Other types of loans are also available in less than 48 hours. Contact me as needed. Contact Us At :abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete